Book Review Policy
Hi, we’re Ashley and Nicole. We love books. We want others to love them too, so we read (and share) a lot!
We focus on books in the fantasy and science fiction genres for MG, YA and adult readers (That means bring on your epics, your urban fantasies, your steampunks). While we’d LOVE to have a time turner that lets us devour all the books, our time is limited and we occasionally have to take a pass due to schedules and sanity.
Other parameters to keep in mind:
- We accept .mobi, epub, pdf, and paperback books.
- We post reviews for three-star books or higher. If we didn’t connect strongly with your book, we will follow up and let you know, but we believe the fairest option for all is to not post a review.
- If you need a review posted by a specific date, please note that in your review request email. That way, we can let you know right away if the timing is realistic for our reading schedule.
- Sadly, we cannot accept every review request sent to us.
- Currently, we do not participate in cover reveals. If you would like us to participate in your blog tour, please e-mail us with the information listed below and we will consider your request.
- We don’t review books by friends or writing buddies (though we’re happy to support in other ways).
- We don’t review books with strong erotic elements or those that portray sexual violence.
- We do not accept compensation for reviews.
- We do occasionally review self-published books. If you fall into this category, please email your first chapter to booksfantasyfandom [at] gmail [dot] com so we can determine whether it fits our criteria.
If you’d like us to consider your book, please email booksfantasyfandom [at] gmail [dot] com and include the following in your review request:
- Book title & synopsis (The back cover copy or promo blurb is fine)
- Book cover
- Links to Goodreads, Amazon and author sites
- Date by which you would like the review to be posted
- Why we should read your book!!
**If you do not include all requested information, we will not consider your title.
What our reviews include:
Title & author
Publication name & date
Our opinion of the book
Links to books/social media sites
We often cross post to Goodreads, Amazon and other readership blogs.
Our Rating System
So, what exactly do all those stars mean?
5 stars – FanGirl for Life!!!
We’re so excited about this book, we’re scaling rooftops to shout praise and practically bulk buying it for people in the streets. It’s THAT good!
4 stars – Raving Fan
We’ve staked out our local bookstores to guide strangers to this shelf!
3 stars – Solidly in the Fan Zone
We’ve got those unmistakable good read smiles on our faces, and we hope you discover it and enjoy it too.